What is VITEX ?
VITEX is a proven revolutionary product (vitamin) manufactured by Vitex Industries Sdn. Bhd., Kaula Lampur, Malaysia, developed after more than 30 years of research by in house scientists and ex-researchers of Institute of Rubber Research (Malaysia) to enhance production of latex, cure and prevent bark dryness, increase dry rubber content (DRC), promote healthy rubber trees, rejuvenate tree barks & lengthen the productive tree life.
How does VITEX works?
Natural Rubber comes from latex, synthesized in special cells called LATICIFERS or LATEX VESSELS. On application of VITEX a complex change takes place and an increased Physiological, Metabolic and Simulative effects takes place on the latex vessels and this increases the size and also multiplies the cells. Hence latex production increases in theses latex vessels to give increased production.
VITEX in World Market and in India.
VITEX for the past 9 years has been successfully tested and commercialized in more than 2,00,000 Hectares of rubber plantation across Malaysia, China, Myanmar, Thailand, Philippines, Sri Lanka and other African countries.
VITEX in India has been tested and evaluated by the Rubber Research Institute of India (Rubber Board) and for the past 6 years it has been well accepted by rubber farmers in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu covering more than 15,000 Hectares.
Advantages of VITEX.
- Effective on all types of Rubber Tree Clones.
- Increases Latex production by minimum 50% upto 200%, depending on soil, weather conditions and cultivation practices.
- Increases or maintains Dry Rubber Content (DRC).
- Cures and prevents TPD or Bark Dryness under certain physiological conditions.
- Provides nutrients to the rubber tree, rejuvenating barks and softens the barks making tapping easy.
- Lengthens the productive life of the Rubber tree.
- Maintains rubber wood harness (B1 class) benefiting towards end of productive cycle.
How to apply VITEX and its dozes?
- VITEX cannot or should not be mixed with any kind of water, oil or chemicals.
- Remove the dry latex layer from the tapping panel of the tree.
- Shake or stir well the VITEX bottle and dip a paint brush (14mm thick) and then apply gently to cover the entire tapping panel area well. Each dip will dispense about 2 gms.
- After application of VITEX, it should not be washed off by rain for atleast 6-8 hours.
- Allow the tree to absorb VITEX for atleast 48 hours before next tapping.
- Repeat the application of VITEX once in 20 days interval and for sick trees with TPD apply every 5 days, till the disease is cured.
- 100% guaranteed results will be visible from the 1st month onwards.
- For optimal result, tapping should be done as per Rubber Board’s recommendation of [S/2, d3] (one half spiral cut, third daily).
Comparison of VITEX with other stimulants.
In the market there is one more stimulant sold under various brand names and is basically a plant growth hormone made of a toxic chemical. Whereas VITEX is made of organic chemicals and acts as a vitamin for rubber tree and is absolutely non-toxic for the trees and the environment. Here is a comparison chart :
|Is it a stimulant?
|Causes Bark Dryness
|Cures and prevents Bark Dryness
|DRC (Dry Rubber Content)
||MAINTAIN / INCREASE
|Nutrition to the tree
||YES & VERY GOOD QUALITY
||YES BUT INFERIOR QUALITY